Good Shepherd offers a number of ways for you to make a donation.
One of the quickest and easiest ways to support the ministry of Good Shepherd is through Online Giving. Arrange for one-time or recurring gifts using your credit card, debit card or checking account with Good Shepherd’s SecureGive program. Recurring gifts help Good Shepherd to budget and plan accordingly.
Click the Online Giving button and follow these simple steps:
- Enter your phone number and password or select give without an account
- Choose One-Time or Recurring Gift
- Select category and enter gift amount
- Enter payment information and click Continue
- Confirm amount
- You will receive confirmation on screen and via email
We also accept donations through Online Banking from your financial institution. Simply set Good Shepherd up as a payee through online bill pay.
Donate by shopping!
In addition to your regular weekly giving, there is a new bonus way to support Good Shepherd. If you are a regular Amazon Online shopper, at no cost to you, you can purchase the exact same items from the web address smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to us when you designate Good Shepherd Lutheran Church of Inver Grove Heights as your charitable organization of choice. Set up is easy! Just click here to automatically set Good Shepherd as your organization of choice. Then just make sure you shop from smile.amazon.com anytime you would make an Amazon purchase, and you will be supporting Good Shepherd in a small way, that really adds up over time.
Alternative ways to donate:
- Qualified Charitable Distributions (QDC)
- If you are age 72 (or have started taking Required Minimum Distributions prior to 2020), you may donate to Good Shepherd directly from your IRA without paying income tax on the withdrawal.
- These donations can be used to satisfy your Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) for the year.
- You must request a direct transfer of funds from your IRA to Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
- Each individual may donate up to $100,000 annually.
- Please request that your name and address as the donor be included on the check for our records.
- Donate Securities (Stocks, Bonds, or Mutual Funds) directly to Good Shepherd
- If you hold securities that have significant capital gains tax liabilities, you have the option to donate securities “in-kind” to Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
- This type of donation avoids capital gains taxes on the increased value of your securities.
- In addition, you may potentially receive an income tax deduction for the year.
- Donate in memory of a loved one
- One-time donations in memory of a loved one. Donations can be made with a check. Please include a note with the following information:
- Name of the deceased
- Address of the deceased
- Name of a close living relative
- Address of the living relative
- Your name as the donor
- We are also able to accept donations from a memorial fund
Please contact the church finance team at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Thank you for your support!
NOTE: Please contact your financial, tax, or legal professional prior to initiating these types of donations. The information provided on the church’s website is not intended to be used for investment, tax, or legal advice.