All ages at Good Shepherd are focused on serving others in our community and the world through works of charity and works of justice, just as Christ did. Through various activities and faith learning opportunities, we seek to foster love, unity and service to others in Christ’s name.
Our Social Ministry Team organizes a variety of service opportunities designed to feed, clothe, build and advocate for others. We are able to accomplish these ministries through the generous gifts of money, donations, time and talents from the members and friends of Good Shepherd.
Intergenerational Service Opportunities Include:
- Book Club – Thou Shalt Not Be a Jerk by Eugene Cho
- Is Couch Hopping Homelessness? A deep dive into housing instability in Dakota County.
- Gifts for Lewis House, Eagan. Supporting women and children who survive domestic and sexual violence.
- Is Mental Illness ‘Just’ in My Head? Understanding the rise of mental illness.
- What Do Guns Have to Do with Public Health? A safe space for conversations around the leading cause of death in the United States.
- Minnesota FoodShare. Supporting Neighbors Inc, our local food shelf.
- Care for Creation. Learning what we can do to care for God’s creation.
- Feed My Starving Children
- Senior High Youth Mission Trips
- Lutheran World Relief